This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: default linker for shared libraries, need some comments
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- To: Yaroslav Popovitch <yp at sot dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:18:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: default linker for shared libraries, need some comments
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Thursday 24 April 2003 22:31, Yaroslav Popovitch wrote:
> Hi! I had some problems with setting default linker for shared libraries.
> They are always linked against ld-linux.so.2. Option --dynamic-linker
> works only for usual programs.
Why are you trying to do this? It sounds like a real hack. You always need
to link against the same dynamic linker as the C library comes from. So,
even if you would succeed, you might have a dynamic linker that does not work
with the C library that you have and your program will break badly.
SuSE Labs aj at suse dot de
private aj at arthur dot inka dot de
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2-rc1-SuSE (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----