Re: cvs build failure (x86, alpha, hppa...)

Hi,

Okay, I checked out gcc-3.3 from cvs yesterday to play aorund with gcj
integrated with SWT (nice work IBM!) from eclipse so I already have built
that and will rebuild it with your patches and the latest binutils.

I didn't know what to grab so I already grabbed:

gcc-3.3-tls.diff.gz
ppc32tls.txt.gz
PPC-elf64abi.txt.gz

I assume all I needed was the gcc-3.3-tls.diff.gz?

Is there a correct bootstrap order I need to use to move from non-tls
toolchain to tls nptl toolchain?

More specifically do I need to worrry about build order here?

Should I:

 1. rebuild gcc with your patch
 2. rebuild binutils with new gcc
 3. rebuild glibc cvs

or

1. build binutls with old gcc3.2.2
2. rebuild gcc with patches
3. rebuild glibc cvs

or

doesn't it matter?

Also are there any constaints on the order or tools to rebuild the kernel?
Does the kernel have to build with newest binutils or gcc or ...?

Thanks,

Kevin

On April 20, 2003 10:12 am, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 09:58:53PM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> > > - the right gcc version or a patch
> >
> > Alan Modra (cc'd) has been working on this.  I am on holidays at the
> > moment, so I won't be able to check the current versions of things
> > for the next week.  I believe the deal is that you get the gcc 3.3
> > branch from CVS and then go to
ftp://ftp.linuxppc64.org/pub/people/amodra