This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PR libc/4755: Invalid code, not a bug
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:03:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR libc/4755: Invalid code, not a bug
You are correct. That code is invalid (using unspecified or undefined
behavior). The spec is clear. It so happens that EOF is -1, so if toupper
behaved any differently than it does now for -1, it would be in error.