This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PPC64 strcmp bug
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:56:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: PPC64 strcmp bug
Jakub Jelinek writes:
> Either sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/strcmp.S needs to be rewritten to
> compare 8 bytes at a time, or it needs extsw rRTN, rRTN
> inserted where needed (with the conditional returns if they happen
> to be in loops it would be better to replace them with conditional
> jumps to extsw rRTN, rRTN; blr I guess).
I have a version of powerpc64/strcmp.S that compares 8 bytes. But I
want to think some more about the unaligned case so I am holding the
patch. You are correct that current strcmp.S needs some a extsw's to
handle the case where the word aligned difference effects int sign.
Do you want a quick patch for this case or can you wait a bit?