This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Build of glibc 2.3.2 fails --with-tls for i586-pc-linux host
- From: Andrew Walrond <andrew at walrond dot org>
- To: "Hu, Boris" <boris dot hu at intel dot com>
- Cc: "Libc-Alpha (E-mail)" <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:45:24 +0100
- Subject: Build of glibc 2.3.2 fails --with-tls for i586-pc-linux host
- References: <37FBBA5F3A361C41AB7CE44558C3448E1A1799@pdsmsx403.ccr.corp.intel.com>
Hi Boris - thansk for the info, but I phrased my original email badly.
I can build glibc fine for i686, but when I tried for an i586 host using
--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu, it failed, until I removed --with-tls.
From memory, the failure was compiling rtld.os and had something to do
with ldt_entry being undefined. I can reproduce the exact error if required.
When I asked about requirements for tls in my previous message, I really
meant "is tls supposed to work for i586 hosts, or is i686 required?"
As I said; remove --with-tls and all is fine.
Hu, Boris wrote:
gcc >= 3.2-10
binutils >= 18.104.22.168.10-2
If I didn't remember wrong. :)
From: Andrew Walrond [mailto:andrew at walrond dot org]
Sent: 2003?4?11? 5:06
To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: Re: --with-tls
Did you configure with --with-tls ? I can build fine without it.
Rodolfo Lima wrote:
>>I am seeing build failures (2.3.2) when I build with
>>Is this to be expected? What are the minimum requirements for tls?
> Building works for me (i586-pc-linux-gnu). "make check" is
the one that
> doesn't work.