This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.3.2 and threads (fwd)
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- To: Yaroslav Popovitch <yp at sot dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:08:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.3.2 and threads (fwd)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Yaroslav Popovitch <yp at sot dot com> writes:
> Hi! I was checking glibc-2.3.2 source tree and did not found linuxthreads
> directory. As I understood it is separate package now.
linuxthreads was always a separate tarball that needed to be
> I heard that development of NGPTL is stopped and it should be replaced by
> NPTL it. Is NPTL included in glibc-2.3.2?
No, NPTL is not included in any released glibc version yet.
> Also as I understood NPTL must be supported by kernel.
Both NGPT and NPTL need kernel support. The support is in the latest
Linux 2.5.x kernels,
SuSE Labs aj at suse dot de
private aj at arthur dot inka dot de