This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: enable n32 and n64, and move o32 into mips/mips32
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:49:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: enable n32 and n64, and move o32 into mips/mips32
> Err... You're turning the declarations that used to be of
> ``automatic'' (i.e., nested) functions into static declarations. Did
> you really mean to do that?
Nested in what? The definitions are at top level. The `auto' didn't make
sense to me. static is the storage class in those functions' definitions.
Using `auto' this way triggered a compiler bug, but `static' worked (and
makes sense, which `auto' does not).
> The patch seems to do the right thing for me as well. Will you please
> put it in, or should I?
I'd like a comment from Jakub to be sure the compiler is ok with it.