This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: More protected symbol tests
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:36:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: More protected symbol tests
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <200303290413.h2T4DWm31156@magilla.sf.frob.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Roland McGrath wrote:
> When there is a known bug, I think it is better to be reminded of it by the
> test rather than letting the sources suggest we don't know it exists.
Write it down somewhere if you need to be reminded.
> Having the test for it in the
> tree makes everyone aware something needs to be addressed before the next
There are much less intrusive ways to do this.
> Bullshit. People who run make check should pay attention to the output
> and note all failures.
Running make -k does increase the possibility of overlooking problems.
If you're perfect and don't have this problem, fine. But don't enforce
this on everybody.
- --------------. ,-. 444 Castro Street
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-----------------' \ Mountain View, CA 94041 USA
Red Hat `--' drepper at redhat.com `---------------------------
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----