This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Bug generating libc.so.lds
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:15:17 -0500
- Subject: Bug generating libc.so.lds
To build libc.so.lds, we invoke gcc with some files to link, "-Wl,--verbose",
and a sed script to parse the output. There's a problem though: the inputs
we give it will produce error messages. The output of --verbose goes to
ld's stdout. The error messages go to ld's stderr. Even if we weren't
pointing them to the same file, collect2 kindly does it for us. On one of
my build systems, this causes ld's error messages to be interleaved with the
- Give ld something that won't produce error messages.
- Run ld directly (not through gcc) and redirect only its stdout.
- Just make ld fflush (stdout) after printing the linker map and the
bug will go away.
Which of these seems like the best idea? (3) is easiest for me right now,
but I don't think it's the best solution since there are plenty of un-fixed
ld's that otherwise work.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer