This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 memcpy
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:31:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 memcpy
Paul MacKerras writes:
> > + cmpldi cr1,5,31
> > + neg 0,3
> Any particular reason why you used the bare register numbers instead
> of the 'r' names (e.g. r0, r3, etc.)?
Because the original was generated -S via inline asm in powerpc64/memcopy.h
and generic/memcpy.c. The problem is that memcopy.h macros are shared
between memmove.c and memcpy.c and my optimization for memcpy does not
allow overlapping fields which is requires for memmove.
So instead I used -S to generate a first pass memcpy.S and dropped the