This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: binutils requirement
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:36:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: binutils requirement
> I built glibc using binutils 2.12.1 on i386-linux today (it was a bit of an
> accident, really...). It turns out that it doesn't work; you end up with
> two symbols named __udivdi3 at GLIBC_2 dot 0, one hidden and one not. Should we
> be checking the version at configure time?
There is a configure check. Please figure out why it failed to catch your
as and/or ld.