This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mon_grouping bug
- From: Gerhard Tonn <GerhardTonn at gammatau dot de>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:15:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: mon_grouping bug
- References: <200303142040.h2EKekS22152@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Friday 14 March 2003 21:40, you wrote:
> > The description of the grouping and mon_grouping members says
> > "An element value of CHAR_MAX ends any further grouping (and hence ends
> > the string)".
> > The best solution would probably be the substitution of '\177' by
> > CHAR_MAX in ld-monetary, but I am not sure what the implications
> > are. Therefore I decided not to change any running code but only to add a
> > code path.
> Looking at the standard, I think that is indeed the correct change.
> It clearly says CHAR_MAX, so the value must be the same value a program
> compiled using the CHAR_MAX macro sees.
> I too am concerned about what effects this might have on existing programs,
> however. It can only be an issue for existing programs on platforms where
> char defaults to unsigned and so CHAR_MAX != 0177. Which platforms are
These are ppc, s390, s390x and arm.