This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mips64 ieee754 data structures
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:28:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: mips64 ieee754 data structures
> Thius is stupid. We have separate files for exactly the purposes of
> keeping unneeded and wrong definitions away.
We have separate files for the purpose of keeping things cleanly separate
when they are in fact different.
Right now the source tree has 5 ieee754.h files that are all almost identical.
That is just stupid. (In fact, two are completely identical.)
When I wrote this file originally, it was an internal header only; so then
duplication could have been avoided using #include. Now that it's an
installed header (I don't know why it become one), that's not possible.
If we can replace 5 copies in 5 files with 2 copies in one file, I call that
an improvement. It also leaves less for a new port to do, and less to be done
for a new configuration on an existing machine that changes the `long double'
size from what was used before.