This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mips64 n32 and n64 support in dl-machine.h
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:58:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: mips64 n32 and n64 support in dl-machine.h
> I don't know of anyone planning on doing prelink for mips, and I
> suppose that, if it's to be done, it should be done in an
> ABI-compliant way (i.e., using the same mechanisms that Irix
> quickstart uses), and not by inventing something else. Dynamic RELA
> is not needed, and AFAIK it's not part of the MIPS ELF64 ABI, so I'd
> rather not rely on it.
I doubt anyone will implement something like that. The prelink mechanism
that Jakub Jelinek has implemented works in the same fashion on all platforms.
> Even though I've already thought of at least a few differences, and
> adjusted the code to this effect? This would be sad. But I don't
> care all that much. I'd much rather prevent it from rotting by
> rejecting changes that modify rel but not rela.
It's unrealistic to think they will be caught when the rela code is not