This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mips64 n32 and n64 suport in elf/
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:09:11 -0800
- Subject: Re: mips64 n32 and n64 suport in elf/
> I don't see any way to do prelinking work with REL, anyway, since the
> addend takes up the very location where we could possibly store the
> prelinked addresses.
That is true. That's why for REL-using platforms like i386 prelink
converts REL to RELA. So the ultimately right thing is to have that
support for mips as well, and have elf_machine_rela support for mips.
But given that we don't have that support now, this change is fine.