This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] check kernel headers for thread library
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Wienand <ianw at gelato dot unsw dot edu dot au>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:16:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] check kernel headers for thread library
- References: <20030314000514.GA797@cse.unsw.edu.au>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:05:14AM +1100, Ian Wienand wrote:
> NPTL requires recent kernel versions to work properly. Without
> checking the headers stupid people like me might occasionally forget
> the --with-headers flag and get silly errors like _exit not using
> exit_group & then wondering why their threads don't exit.
IMHO it is better to
#if !defined __NR_exit_group || !defined __NR_set_tid_address etc
# error Too old kernel headers to build NPTL
in one of the NPTL files or in NPTL configure.
We're running NPTL on 2.4.20 kernel (on IA-32 so far) just fine
(it has all the threading patches backported).