This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH} PPC fix td_thr_get_addr for TLS
- From: Steven Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, amodra at bigpond dot net dot au
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, paulus <paulus at samba dot org>
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:28:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH} PPC fix td_thr_get_addr for TLS
- Organization: IBM Linux Developement
- Reply-to: sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com
> I don't understand this. The debugger doesn't care about relocs. It uses
> the values for the TLS symbols from the ELF symbol table. The OFFSET value
> passed to td_thr_tls_get_addr comes from there. That does not include the
> bias, does it?
OK I may have jumped to the wrong conclusion. It looks like the ELF symbol
table is bias free (but generated code is not).
Of course Alan is real expert ...
sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com
Linux on PowerPC-64 Development
GLIBC for PowerPC-64 Development