This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH} PPC fix td_thr_get_addr for TLS
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>,paulus <paulus at samba dot org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:28:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH} PPC fix td_thr_get_addr for TLS
> For PPC, DTPREL relocations are pre biased by the linker -0x8000
> (-TLS_DTV_OFFSET). So the TLS block addresses from the DTV must be post
> biased +0x8000 to get the correct address.
I don't understand this. The debugger doesn't care about relocs. It uses
the values for the TLS symbols from the ELF symbol table. The OFFSET value
passed to td_thr_tls_get_addr comes from there. That does not include the
bias, does it?