This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 tls fixes
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:00:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 tls fixes
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:33:05PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > Well, the 16-bit TLS relocs were what I asked about, perhaps it wasn't
> > clear. Would those not also be generated in any non-PIC code doing
> > IE-model TLS access?
> No, DTPREL16 relocs won't ever be dynamic (unless I'm totally confused!).
> They're tls block relative relocs used in LD model, so the linker is
> able to resolve them.
Right. I was asking really only about TPREL, then. If non-PIC code is kosher,
then it would look like e.g.
addi 3,13,x at tprel R_PPC64_TPREL16 x