This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:14:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com> writes:
|> > PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32 even with the latest gcc
|> > (cvs mainline as of today). I had to remove the definition from
|> > sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf/configure.in to make ld.so work.
|> That's odd. It's working fine for me, using debian sid gcc 3.2.2-0.
Does your compiler support the visibility attribute? gcc 3.2 does not, but
it is a prerequisite for DONT_USE_BOOTSTRAP_MAP.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab at suse dot de
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."