This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
- From: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com,libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>,Franz-Sirl <Franz-Sirl at lauterbach dot com>,Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:49:14 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
- References: <20030228185536.A26656@twiddle.net><200303010404.h2144jW30333@magilla.sf.frob.com>
- Reply-to: paulus at samba dot org
Roland McGrath writes:
> That's exactly how I've done it in my tree. This stuff will get checked in
> and finished after the 2.3.2 release.
And it's in cvs and it works. Wow, you sure move fast. :) Thanks.
As to the R_PPC_TPREL16* relocs, they occur when you use LE model
accesses. Since you can use LE model accesses in a shared library
(AFAICT) we do need to handle them in the dynamic linker. I'll work
up some test cases with LE accesses in a shared library shortly (if
you don't get to it before me :).