This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ppc relocs
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>, Steven Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 13:06:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: ppc relocs
- References: <200303021156.h22Buqs21416@magilla.sf.frob.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 03:56:52AM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I have checked in various changes and both TLS and non-TLS builds on PPC32
> pass make check for me. I have made some changes to PPC64 code too, but
> not tested that.
> I spent a while trying to figure out the right thing for the 16-bit relocs,
> and then punted. I think these relocs are not produced in PIC code linked
> with ld -shared. Is that right? Does the PPC32 or PPC64 ABI permit
> non-PIC code in shared libraries? If not, then we don't need to handle these.
At least PPC32 AFAIK permits non-PIC code in shared libraries. You
cannot use usually too many such libraries because of the 24bit branch