This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>, sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com,libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>,Franz-Sirl <Franz-Sirl at lauterbach dot com>,Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:04:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
> This, I think is a mistake. There's a difference between
> the "tcbhead_t", i.e. the dtv/reserved double word, and the
> thread control block used by the thread library.
> We've already reserved offsets [-0x8000,-0x7010] from TP
> for the private use of the thread library. Seems to me that
> bit o data can go in there somewhere.
That's exactly how I've done it in my tree. This stuff will get checked in
and finished after the 2.3.2 release.