This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>
- Cc: sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, Franz-Sirl <Franz-Sirl at lauterbach dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:55:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC linuxthreads tls.h fix
- References: <3E5EA083.86C88304@us.ibm.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:00:26PM +1100, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Steven Munroe writes:
> I would like a multiple_threads field in the tcbhead_t in the TLS case
> for ppc32 as well, since it would make the check for multiple threads
> fast and easy. I will talk to Alan about expanding the TCB to 16
> bytes on ppc32 to accommodate that.
This, I think is a mistake. There's a difference between
the "tcbhead_t", i.e. the dtv/reserved double word, and the
thread control block used by the thread library.
We've already reserved offsets [-0x8000,-0x7010] from TP
for the private use of the thread library. Seems to me that
bit o data can go in there somewhere.