This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: More backreference performance improvements [take 2]
- From: Isamu Hasegawa <isamu at yamato dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, shoji at jp dot ibm dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:16:01 +0900
- Subject: Re: More backreference performance improvements [take 2]
- References: <008501c27bfc$d9b8d7e0$84021897@bonz><3DB8FFB9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry for the late response, I haven't been IP-reachable.
> > Ok to apply the regex-25-percent-speedup.patch and
> > regex-more-backref-performance-2.patch (as already suggested by Jack
> > Howarth)?
> I'm waiting for Isamu to tell me what to do. It's his code. Everybody
> who wants to release something now can apply the patches.
I have no objection to apply the regex-25-percent-speedup.patch.
However, Could I have a rather longer period of grace to apply the other
Since I'm now working on fixing the bad algorithm which causes the bad
performance, and the fix might be going to spoil your optimizations
based on cache profiling.
I'm so sorry that I haven't prepared the fix yet, I'm swamped with my
side (regular?) business.
IBM Japan, Ltd.