This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
re: More backreference performance improvements [take 2]
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: roland at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:39:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: re: More backreference performance improvements [take 2]
Shouldn't we have this patch applied now since it provides
a very significant optimization to regex?
A customized memcmp can be added as a separate patch later when
agreed upon. However, for now this patch alone will still provide
a 60% speedup whereas the disputed memcmp is only going to add 5%
to that. Thanks in advance.