This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Speed up backreferences
- From: Isamu Hasegawa <isamu at yamato dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Bonzini" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, <isamu at yamato dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:02:03 +0900
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Speed up backreferences
- References: <000a01c27a15$7ecd7090$cf181897@bonz>
From: "Bonzini" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I profiled factor.sed with cachegrind. Cache utilization is very good,
> showing practically no misses. Time is spent 99.99% in sift_states_bkref,
> The patches pass the testsuite in GNU sed will-be-4.0 and 3.9x. They both
> apply on CVS regex, the 25% patch not requiring the 20% one to have been
> applied previously.
Thank you very much for your work and advice!
I want to fix also the inefficient algorithm.
However, your work is very useful anyway.
IBM Japan, Ltd.