This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: problem setlocale in latest glibc and hope locale.alias
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Kaoru Fukui <k_fukui at highway dot ne dot jp>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:21:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: problem setlocale in latest glibc and hope locale.alias
You will have to gather some more information about your problem. Aliases
as you added should never be necessary, because the charset names are
normalized for comparison when searching. You didn't say whether those
additions made it work for you. If they did, that would be odd. The most
likely problem is that the proper data files are not all installed where
they need to be.