This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: libgcc-compat for linux-mips
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:11:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: libgcc-compat for linux-mips
- References: <200210211300.JAA90385@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 09:00:27AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Did you bother with a libgcc-compat for your mips glibc 2.3
> rpms or did you just assume that there was no need for backward
> compatibility with gcc < 3.1/glibc 2.2.x builds?
There has never been a glibc release which supports mips out of box.
I removed those libgcc symbols in my RedHat 7.3/mips a while ago. No
one has complained to me yet.