This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: still building soft-fp on ppclinux
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:41:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: still building soft-fp on ppclinux
- References: <200210182344.TAA78057@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
> Aldy, did you ever build your patches on a machine with an fpu to verify
> that soft-fp isn't blindly used regardless?
As my original post specifies, yes I tested with and without fpu, and
I verified that the resulting code had fpu code when it should (and
the reverse). I also checked that an fpu build did not have
superfluous objects being generated (__addsf3.o, etc).
The only thing I didn't test was powerpc64 since I don't have a ppc64
So whatever oddities are due to any changes to my original code.
I'll look at this on Sunday.