This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: current glibc vs debian sid
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: bug-autoconf at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:36:29 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: current glibc vs debian sid
- References: <200210182014.g9IKE1J19535@magilla.sf.frob.com>
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:14:01 -0700
> From: Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
> > Basically the semantics for
> > ./configure some_alias
> > have changed heavily with autoconf-2.50 and later.
> I think these changes clearly violate the GNU Coding Standards and are thus
> obviously a bug.
That subject has been discussed more than once on the Autoconf mailing
lists. It's not clear to me that there is a GNU coding standards
violation, but if you see it clearly then I'd appreciate a brief
explanation. I'm interested in the practical issues as well as any