This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] configure.in tweaks for autoconf-2.5X
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Art Haas <ahaas at neosoft dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:48:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] configure.in tweaks for autoconf-2.5X
AC_PREREQ should come first exactly because of things like the incompatible
AC_INIT syntax. Otherwise an older autoconf version will barf on the
syntax errors before it barfs cleanly on the AC_PREREQ failure.
The form of AC_INIT with the version number in configure.in is no good for us.
We don't want to tweak configure.in and regenerate configure to update the
version number, we just change version.h. The canned AC_PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
feature is not helpful either, since we want the message to say something
different ("Use the glibcbug script.").