This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
libio (was: Re: Some Patches for glibc)
- From: Moritz Schulte <moritz at duesseldorf dot ccc dot de>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:29:42 +0200
- Subject: libio (was: Re: Some Patches for glibc)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3DAE8140.email@example.com>
Ulrich Drepper <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
[Sorry for the former subject, I confused lists/subjects]
> Why would you want that?
We are trying to extract the libio-based stdio implementation from
glibc and put it into it's own package. This would make it possible
to use GNU libio with all it's nice features on non-glibc-systems.
The status how libio is at the moment is a bit weird, because the
support for compiling it outside of glibc is not complete - nor is it
email@example.com - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06 B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199