This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Statically linked binary way way too big
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Wolfram Gloger <Wolfram dot Gloger at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- Cc: jakub at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:04:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Statically linked binary way way too big
> > Yeah, malloc_stats should be surely put into a separate file.
> Ok, I've put this high on my TODO. I have some changes from Doug's
> malloc-2.7.2 that I have to deal with anyway.
If you're going at it I would really like to see the code separated into
as many files as can in fact be linked separately, so nothing unnecessary
is included in a static program. For libc we can use attribute_hidden for
private symbols and have them be as efficient as in-file statics for the DSO
(still need name space control for static linking).