This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Stripping libc on Alpha
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:32:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Stripping libc on Alpha
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 06:21:56PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> the Debian glibc build scripts currently disable stripping glibc on
> Alpha explicitely. However, building glibc 2.3 with gcc 3.2 gives a
> 25M unstripped libc (which strips to 1.4M), so I wonder if this is
> really required. Does anybody know the reason why libc shouldn't be
> stripped? Is this still the case with glibc 2.3?
Not to my knowledge. We're stripping glibc on alpha for quite a long time.