This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Stripping libc on Alpha
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:31:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: Stripping libc on Alpha
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 06:21:56PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> the Debian glibc build scripts currently disable stripping glibc on
> Alpha explicitely. However, building glibc 2.3 with gcc 3.2 gives a
> 25M unstripped libc (which strips to 1.4M), so I wonder if this is
> really required. Does anybody know the reason why libc shouldn't be
> stripped? Is this still the case with glibc 2.3?
I think it may have something to do with binutils bug. Let me know if
stripping glibc doesn't work on alpha. But you have to use binutils
22.214.171.124.10 or above.