This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
- From: Christoph Lameter <christoph at lameter dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, <stefan dot jones at multigig dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
The patch by Stefan Jones finally fixed my compilation problem. Thank
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Jack Howarth wrote:
> What binutils are you using? I would suggest you upgrade to
> the current test release 18.104.22.168.6 and see if that helps. You can
> get it from...
> Also if you have been building a lot of stuff with glibc 2.2.93 or before
> you may have to rebuild those libraries again against release glibc 2.3.
> I know that the YellowDog Linux folks ran into some breakage when
> rebuilding against glibc 2.3 on a system previously built on glibc
> 2.2.93 or earlier.