This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: soft-fp fixes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:57:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: soft-fp fixes
- References: <20021008181429.GA16604@redhat.com>
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:14:29AM -0700, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> The other is an iterative implementation of
> division, since gcc's longlong.h udiv_qrnnd(?) is broken.
Specifically, the C version of udiv_qrnnd that was used on PPC
produced incorrect results for the adjusted 2.0/0.7 fractions;
I could find the two numbers again if necessary.
But even if that were to be fixed, the bit-at-a-time routine
is going to be better for Alpha, since there's no integer
division hardware, so we wind up calling a routine that does
the bit-at-a-time thing anyway.