This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
- From: Christoph Lameter <christoph at lameter dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:45:04 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
I thought 0.6 was not really working yet?
I am gradually rebuilding my system with glibc 2.3 and trying once in a
while to rebulid gcc.... someday this oughto work. Will try the new
binutils when I get a minute. I zapped all the .a files in /lib and
/usr/lib. So the static stuff cannot get in the way unless it is hiding
Have never used 2.2.93. The prior release was glibc 2.2.5
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Jack Howarth wrote:
> What binutils are you using? I would suggest you upgrade to
> the current test release 126.96.36.199.6 and see if that helps. You can
> get it from...
> Also if you have been building a lot of stuff with glibc 2.2.93 or before
> you may have to rebuild those libraries again against release glibc 2.3.
> I know that the YellowDog Linux folks ran into some breakage when
> rebuilding against glibc 2.3 on a system previously built on glibc
> 2.2.93 or earlier.