This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
- From: Christoph Lameter <christoph at lameter dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: undefined reference to __ctype_tolower etc in build of glib,gcc, pam + sed-3.58 strangeness + bzip2
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 07:45:46AM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > I erased all static libraries from my system (rm /lib/lib*.a
> > /usr/lib/lib*.a. When I build gcc i still get:
> There's an entry about this in the GNU Libc FAQ. You need a patch to
> GCC 3.2. Or a GCC 3.2.1 branch snapshot should work if you want to
> check one out of CVS.
Cannot find any information on gcc 3.2 in the FAQ on
http://sources.redhat.com/glibc. It only covers old
versions of gcc. Is there a new FAQ somewhere?