This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc-2.3 alpha stxncpy.S
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Glen Nakamura <glen at imodulo dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 02:01:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: glibc-2.3 alpha stxncpy.S
- References: <20021004084357.GA7553@modulo.internal.net>
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:43:57PM -1000, Glen Nakamura wrote:
> The version of the fix I sent earlier avoided the stall by scheduling
> the address increment instructions in the otherwise unused cycle:
The patch that was forwarded to me, while it passed stratcliff,
failed other testing. *shrug*.
> Anyway, 1 cycle isn't a big deal, but perhaps a comment should be added to
> indicate the stall as is done in $a_loop?
There are lots of unmarked/mismarked stalls. It'd be nice to
clean it up, but not urgent.