This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Is 2.3 really binary compatible?
- From: Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, drepper at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:59:39 +1000
- Subject: Re: Is 2.3 really binary compatible?
- References: <200210032257.SAA16896@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:57:41PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Have you been prelinking your machine? Jakub mentioned that old
> binaries using nss could be broken when ld.so is prelinked.
No prelink here (yet!)
One thing I have established though is that my static bash binary runs
fine on a glibc-2.2.92 system.
So, somewhere between 2.2.92 and 2.2.94, the libnss stuff became incompatible.