This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ldconfig miscompile on i386
- From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- To: Ben Collins <bcollins at debian dot org>
- Cc: debian-glibc at lists dot debian dot org, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:13:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: ldconfig miscompile on i386
- References: <20021003133727.GB20713@nisa.net> <20021003145430.GJ585@phunnypharm.org>
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:54:30AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > We were setting both CFLAGS and BUILD_CFLAGS in a configparms
> > file.
> > CFLAGS = -pipe -O2 -fstrict-aliasing
> > BUILD_CFLAGS = -O2
> What gets set for CFLAGS if we do not set it manually?
CFLAGS is left blank in config.make, so I think Makeconfig picks up
the default_cflags rules (-g -O2). I can't really check from work,
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
- Wolfgang Jaehrling