This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ldconfig miscompile on i386
- From: Ben Collins <bcollins at debian dot org>
- To: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- Cc: debian-glibc at lists dot debian dot org, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:54:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: ldconfig miscompile on i386
- References: <20021003133727.GB20713@nisa.net>
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:37:27AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> I figured out why the Debian package was miscompiling ldconfig and a
> compile from the same sources was not:
> We were setting both CFLAGS and BUILD_CFLAGS in a configparms file.
> CFLAGS = -pipe -O2 -fstrict-aliasing
> BUILD_CFLAGS = -O2
> Is apparently not the right things to have in there anymore if you
> want a working ldconfig on i386.
> I will probably continue to persue this at some point to figure out if
> it's a miscompile or not, but I have a catgets testsuite failure to
> figure out first.
What gets set for CFLAGS if we do not set it manually?
Debian - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/
Subversion - http://subversion.tigris.org/
Deqo - http://www.deqo.com/