This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ppc32 dl-machine.c
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at koffie dot nl>
- To: Anton Blanchard <anton at samba dot org>
- Cc: Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, geoffk at geoffk dot org, roland at frob dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1904 08:17:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc32 dl-machine.c
- References: <200209242249.g8OMnGE11062@brule.rchland.ibm.com> <20020925024902.GD17331@krispykreme> <3D91AC21.E88A4AF@koffie.nl> <20021001131825.GB24581@krispykreme>
Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > You need a sync between icbi and isync, too. See for example the MPC7410
> > user manual, 184.108.40.206.4.
> The definition of PPC_ISYNC includes a sync and isync. I was about to
Ah! That changes things (a little).
> remove the sync there (the IBM cpus Ive looked at dont need it) but
> I suspected the Motorola ones might require it.
FWIW, the Book E architecture manual (I've been looking at version 1.0,
dated 2002-05-07) explicitly requires a sync (well, an msync), too.
See section 6.3.2, "Cache Management Instructions". Not sure if this
matters much, but it's not just Motorola, at least ;)