This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: changiing rtld.c
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, "Peter Bergner" <bergner at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:55:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: changiing rtld.c
Aldy Hernandez writes:
> I'm working on some PPC hacks for glibc, which have triggered a SIGFPE
> in ld.so.1. Gdbing the process doesn't help because the backtrace
> just takes me back to some unrecognizeable (to me) instructions.
> I'm trying to track down where the SIGFPE got generated.
The ppc32 kernel (and current ppc64 kernels) does not handle SIGFPE
correctly which causes a loop if the signal handler touches the FP unit.
You will need a kernel patch. Peter Bergner is working on the fix. I will
talk to him tomorrow.