This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] glibc 2.2.94 - hppa - fcntl64
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at baldric dot uwo dot ca>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, debian-glibc at lists dot debian dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:22:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] glibc 2.2.94 - hppa - fcntl64
> The following changes adds a few defines so __USE_FILE_OFFSET64
> works properly on hppa.
Both the log entries and the patch here are botched. You must test your
patches before you send them. Please observe the change log conventions
more closely. Your entries have inadequate detail and are not in canonical
> It seems that many arches are including ".../i386/fcntl.c"
> as generic fcntl code, and hppa is no exception :(
> Are there any plans to make this generic?
I think we can move the linux/i386/fcntl.c file to linux. Almost all the
architectures have both syscalls from what I can see. Architectures where
there is just one syscall can have linux/ARCH/syscalls.list define fcntl
and that will override the linux/fcntl.c file.