This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: 2.2.92 on i386-pc-linux-gnu (2.2.93 ldconfig too)
- From: "Troy" <tjk at tksoft dot com>
- To: arekm at pld-linux dot org (Arkadiusz Miskiewicz)
- Cc: tjk at tksoft dot com (Troy K.), libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: 2.2.92 on i386-pc-linux-gnu (2.2.93 ldconfig too)
- Reply-to: tjk at tksoft dot com (Troy K.), <tjk at tksoft dot com>
Sounds like this is the problem.
I built with
CFLAGS="-mcpu=i386 -O2" ../glibc-2.2.93/configure
This is probably all wrong too. I should try with -march=i486
or -march=i386 which are the gcc-3.2 flags. According to some
docs the -mcpu=i386 doesn't even do anything.
> "Troy" <email@example.com> writes:
> > Looking at it with strace/ltrace, it looks like ldconfig
> > is not finding anything.
> Same here on i386. On i586, i686, athlon and ppc everything
> is ok. On each arch I'm using -march=xyz. Probably gcc 3.2
> miscompiles things with -march=i386.
> > Troy
> Arkadiusz Mi¶kiewicz CS at FoE, Wroclaw University of Technology
> firstname.lastname@example.org AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PLD/Linux