re: rt/tst-aio7 weirdness on ppc

> Roland,
>     Well if I go into powerpc-linux/obj/rt and do...
>
> ../testrun.sh ./tst-aio7 &
>
> I immediately see...
>
>  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
>
> however the prompt never returns unless I hit a carriage return.
> which produces this output and a prompt
>
> [1]+  Stopped                 ../testrun.sh ./tst-aio7
>
> Perhaps that is what you were seeing?

Looks like it.  Use jobs -l to see that actual signal, which was SIGTTIN
for me.  (I don't know when shells started printing "Stopped" for all stop
signals instead of the signal text, but it's damned annoying.)

When I tried to attach gdb to the stopped process, the gdb got wedged.  So
I have no idea where this process was stopped.  There is no reason it
should do anything that could provoke a SIGTTIN.  If you have any more luck
in ascertaining any details about what is happening than I did earlier,
please post any information you uncover.