This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ppc64 LD_PRELOAD tolerance
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:30:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc64 LD_PRELOAD tolerance
Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
> But these people should be doing something like:
I don't control what these people do. I only get the (Level 3) service
> And Roland has been saying all along that that should work fine in a
> hybrid environment. Only if they do LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libdsocks.so.N
> is there a problem; don't do that!
Only if they (someone) provides both 32- and 64-bit versions of
libdsocks.so.N (or a dummy of the same name) and only if LD_LIBRARY_PATH
includes paths to both versions. Now we are back to precognition. ;)
Otherwise the user gets a unpleasant surprise.